- Handles for timber windows only. Supplied as a window latch and catch assembly.
Locking casement window latches for timber windows - fasteners, catches and window handles with key locks to meet home insurance standards. Remember these are casement window latches suitable for timber/wood windows only and not upvc window handles. The range of window fasteners you see on this webpage will fit most of the older types of wooden windows as well as new ones but be aware that some modern day timber windows are now using multi-point locks and these will require espag window handles. We have window furniture that will suit contemporary or traditional like the monkey tail window handles. We can also help you with the common fastener makes like John Carr window handles, Titon and Arthur Shaw casement fasteners. Even if you have chamfered frames or angled frames we have lots of casement fasteners, latches and catches and most of them are key locking. Some of the fasteners are designed with a built in night vent catch for trickle ventilation. Of course we also sell the matching window stays in locking and non-locking as well as various sizes in some models. If perhaps you have come to the wrong page you can search through our entire listing (with filters) of double glazing window handles.
Window Handles For Wooden Windows
Timber window handles cause more confusion than any other type of replacement window handles but can be the most rewarding when you get it right! The considerations you need to take into account are the frame design, whether the frame has weatherseals, locking or non-locking as in the case of casement window stays and window fasteners being on the same window and whether the frames have a 9 degree taper, are flat or have a scotia moulded corner. Confused? That's why we have produced a simple guide with a compatibility table to show you the most relevant replacement casement window handles types. As you will no doubt be appreciating there are important factors to consider before replacing casement window handles on wooden windows and the importance of finding the correct replacement can't be understated. Some of the problem that has developed over the years is that many timber window handle manufacturers have become fewer and far between as the use of wooden windows has declined rapidly over the past 20 to 30 years as upvc has taken over. All is not lost though as some locking casement fasteners are fairly generic as are some casement window fittings so upgrading to locking window handles for wooden windows can be fairly easily achieved with a little bit of research.
- W55 Replacement Window LatchPrice From: £6.79 Exc Vat £8.15 Inc Vat
- W69 Night Vent Locking FastenerPrice From: £18.86 Exc Vat £22.63 Inc Vat
- W53 Locking Casement Fastener£7.62 Exc Vat £9.14 Inc Vat
- W93 Locking Night Vent Casement FastenerPrice From: £9.72 Exc Vat £11.66 Inc Vat
- W87 Timber Window HandlePrice From: £9.13 Exc Vat £10.96 Inc Vat
- W43 Edwardian FastenerPrice From: £10.57 Exc Vat £12.68 Inc Vat
- W28 Modern Cockspur Window Latch£9.33 Exc Vat £11.20 Inc Vat
- W42 Bulb End Window LatchPrice From: £11.88 Exc Vat £14.26 Inc Vat
- W74 Flush Frame FastenerPrice From: £12.88 Exc Vat £15.46 Inc Vat