W44 Locking Edwardian Latch
View all replacement latches.
- Lockable wedge fastener for timber casement windows.
- Supplied with an allen key for deadlocking the handle.
- See our quick Guide or FAQ's about window latches.
- Reversible design.
- Available in 3 finishes.
- Supplied with the catch and screws.
- Matching traditional window stays available (W47).
- Not suitable for windows with a weather-seal or gasket - use W68 or W69.
Casement window latches come in various disguises and quality but this wedge fastener has been around for quite some time reflecting its origins back to the old Edwardian times. Discretely modernised to incorporate a key lock operated by an Allen key this window latch is small enough to drop onto most timber casement frames and is best suited to windows without weather-seals. The wedge design of the catch ensures that the window can be pulled in upon closure but customers should be aware that the presence of weather-seals around the opening window can cause strain on the latch and as such should be avoided but for the slimmest of seals. The finish on these fasteners reflects the superb quality and it is difficult to be disappointed.
W44 casement latch sizes:
Fixing centres: 22.5mm
Requires around 30mm of flat frame on the fixed frame and 22mm on the opening frame.
Coronavirus: Orders are currently being dispatched on time but couriers may take longer to get to you due to issues surrounding Coronavirus. Delivery times quoted cannot be guaranteed.