- Key locking fastener for casement windows.
- Integral night vent position for ventilation that can be key locked.
- Universal handing to fit top or side hung casement windows without weatherseals - see Guide and Description box below for more.
- Alternative non-locking replacement window latch (W55) available.
- Matching locking casement stay (W54) to suit.
- Non-locking contemporary window stay (W56) also available.
- Informative guide to window latches for timber windows.
- Read customers frequently asked questions about window latches.
- Flat catch and angled catch are supplied with this window lock.
- Screws are provided.
- View HandleStore's range of replacement timber window latches.
More About The W53 Locking Casement Fastener
This stylish and popular locking casement fastener meets the home insurance requirements for key locking and is available from stock for next working day delivery if ordered before 3:00pm. With a range of colours that compliment most modern decors you won’t be disappointed with this versatile locking window fastener. The key pattern is the same throughout the model and also the locking stay W54 negating the need to hold individual keys. Suitable for timber windows of most designs, even narrow ones, this locking window latch comes with a night vent facility to allow a two position locked opening. The gap is only small but allows a trickle flow of air if needed.
Sizes for the W53 Locking Casement Fastener:
145mm length x 16mm wide x 32mm depth.
Fixings: Latch 39mm centres, catch 27mm centres.
Material: Zinc die cast.
How To Fix The W53 Locking Casement Fastener:
Offer the assembled catch and fastener up to the window corner and mark the fastener fixing hole positions with a sharp point or a pencil. Fix the locking window fastener to the opener and then re-position the catch to the latch for marking out the position for fixing on the fixed frame. Generally speaking the fixings need to be 13mm centres from the corner of the window each way.
Before purchasing remember these points:
- Used on timber/wood casement windows only.
- Can be used on top opening or side opening casement windows.
- Weatherseals between the opener and the fixed frame are not recommended for this handle. Where gaskets/weatherseals have been used this can cause premature failure of the handle.
- Handles can become looser through use. This is perfectly normal.
Coronavirus: Orders are currently being dispatched on time but couriers may take longer to get to you due to issues surrounding Coronavirus. Delivery times quoted cannot be guaranteed.