W59 Plume Period Window Latch
- Non-locking 'plume' window latch in a black antique period design for timber casement windows.
- Hand made from wrought iron in a mortice latch design.
- See our quick Guide or FAQ's about window latches.
- The W59 fastener is universally handed meaning it can be lifted and turned over for use in either direction.
- Included are a mortice plate, hook plate catch and 4 colour matching screws.
- Matching plume window stay also available (W60).
The W59 Plume design window latch is a much sought after range of black antique window fittings that was primarily found in the most aristocratic and historic homes in England. The mortice latch design is found on the oldest timber windows and is a reliable method found even today on some of the more upmarket timber windows. Replacement of a mortice casement latch is generally quite straightforward as the mortice step height is the same provided there is no weatherseal around the perimeter of the timber window. If you do have a weatherseal on your window this could be a tricky window latch to use and would require only the slightest seal or gasket. The mortice plate is a standard size too and is slightly angled to ensure the nose of the latch pulls in tightly. It is likely that if you have the latch you will need the stay too and the W60 is the matching plume casement stay which can be found on this page under Related Products. Included with this black antique window fitting is a flush frame catch which allows use of the window latch on frames that are flush.
Plume Window Latch Sizes
Overall length - 110mm.
Mortice nose projects 32mm from centre pivot point.
Latch depth - 38mm.
Christmas Delivery: Our dispatch dates continue upto 2pm on Thursday 23rd December. We will also be dispatching on Thursday 30th December to help with orders placed through Xmas, and then from Tuesday 4th January 2022.
European Deliveries are currently suspended.