DL36 Key Locking Privacy Thumbturn
- Retro-fit Privacy Thumbturn Lock for most wooden doors (not fire doors).
- Euro lock to the outside and thumbturn to the inside.
- When thumbturn is engaged a key is needed from the outside.
- Turning the key locks the deadbolt from the outside (does not close as locked unless the key turns the deadbolt).
- Can be used as a separate lock on the door to accompany any other existing locks.
- Great for any doors where privacy is needed like flats, offices, bedrooms etc. (do not use where escape is needed).
- Beautifully finished in 2 colours. 10mm thick plates x 55mm diameter.
- Everything supplied in the box including screws, 3 keys and a mortice plate (see images in picture tray).
More Information about the DL36 Key Locking Privacy Thumbturn
This all-in-one unit can be fitted to most wooden doors and is available with the step by step instructions and a template for accurate positioning. Fitting will involve drilling and some shaping for the latch bolt to fit into the door. The process of installation is very similar to that of fitting a nightlatch and a rim cylinder to a wooden door. If in any doubt please consult a qualified joiner before fitting.
These privacy deadlocks are ideal for use where an additional means of locking is required. Customers typically use these on bedroom doors, office doors and anywhere where privacy is needed. The assembly includes a key locking cylinder barrel for the outer side of the door which is connected to a thumbturn on the inside. The backset can be adjusted before fitting from a supplied 60mm size to a 70mm size should that be required.
The deadbolt length is 25mm in its fully engaged position and is a strong 18mm bolt at its widest point.
Coronavirus: Orders are currently being dispatched on time but couriers may take longer to get to you due to issues surrounding Coronavirus. Delivery times quoted cannot be guaranteed.