DL41 Orion 3 Star TS007 Anti Snap Thumbturn Lock T35/35(AS)
- Top of the range 3 star T35/35 anti snap thumbturn lock that meet the TS007 security standard. The manufacturer will pay you £2000 if a burglary occurs as a direct result of the Orion lock snapping (subject to terms and conditions).
- 10 year performance warranty from the date of sale.
- Protected by a 10 year security guarantee and key security scheme. You can register your keys and purchase further keys from approved key cutting outlets. All details are supplied on your key card.
- Supplied in a smart box with fitting instructions and two screws (M5 x 50mm and M5 x 60mm)
- Supplied with 5 keys per single lock unlike most other locks(does not apply to Keyed-Alike Sets).
- This product has the anti snap feature on the external facing side of the lock. This should be fitted to the external side of the door. The marking EXT on the lock denotes the anti-snap side.
- A range of Orion anti snap lock sizes and Orion thumbturn variants are available.
- More details of this fabulous product are shown in the Details tab on this page.
DL41 Orion T35/35 Thumbturn Specification and What's There to Know Guide.
Please note, you are on a page where you can buy the DL41 Orion anti snap thumbturn lock in a 35/35 size. If you need other sizes follow this link: Orion anti snap thumbturn locks. That is a size of 35mm from the inside face of the cylinder and 35mm from the outside face, back to the centre of the fixing hole. The total length of the cylinder is 70mm.
The outer side contains the anti snap technology, and in this case is the 35mm size marked with EXT on the cylinder. We have also named the product to include (AS) after the size with the anti snap feature. This must be facing the external side of the door not the internal for the lock snapping protection you need. If you fix it the wrong way around in your door you will have no protection. Please refer to the diagram on this page and the fitting instructions provided with the product.
Our sizes are always shown in the same format i.e. 35/35(AS) is 35mm internally and 35mm externally. The 35(AS) is the anti-snap side in this case.
What is Lock Snapping?
Lock snapping is a well used technique by burglars to gain entry through a door with a profile cylinder like yours. Most of the standard lock cylinders out there are easily breakable and this will give access to your lock mechanism which can then be unwound to gain entry. It is only a matter of time before this will be used on your door or someone that you know. You will then buy an anti-snap lock.
To purchase an anti snap lock you will need to find a 3 star lock and one which passes the TS007 British Standard security test.
What to check before ordering:
- You have a euro cylinder in your door. These are the same outline shape as a lightbulb.
- You have ordered the correct size lock. Check the diagram carefully against your existing lock (if you are keeping your upvc door handles in place). You may be able to order a slightly shorter or longer size to keep things closer to the handle backplate. If you are changing your upvc door handles then ensure you account for the new backplate thickness as the existing lock sizes may be too short.
- 5 keys is sufficient for your purposes. It will cost you postage if you need to come back again.
What to do when you receive the product:
- Check the sizes are correct and install the lock following the instructions in the box.
- Register your keys online using the address given on the key card. You have 28 days to do this and if you don't you will forfeit the guarantee.
The manufacturers small print:
- You must register online and within 28 days of the date of sale to qualify for the security guarantee. If a burglary occurs as a direct result of the Orion lock snapping, the manufacturer will pay you £2000 subject to terms and conditions.
The 10 year performance warranty is provided subject to the product being fitted and maintained in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines and shall not be subject to stresses and operating forces beyond normal levels.
In the unlikely event of a product failing within the 10 year guarantee period as a result of defective manufacture or design, the manufacturer will replace it free of charge or credit its original purchase value. The component must be returned to us or inspected by the manufacturer on site to agree the cause of failure. The credit shall not exceed the original value of the part.
This guarantee does not apply to any mechanical or surface finish fault if it is caused by wilful or neglectful damage, general wear and tear or inappropriate chemical contact. It also does not apply to surface finishes if the product is installed within ½ mile of an area of particularly aggressive atmospheric conditions, such as coastal or heavy industrial regions.
Christmas Delivery: Our dispatch dates continue upto 2pm on Thursday 23rd December. We will also be dispatching on Thursday 30th December to help with orders placed through Xmas, and then from Tuesday 4th January 2022.
European Deliveries are currently suspended.