DS163 Mila Prosecure Security - 92PZ - 211mm Centres
View more uPVC Door Handles
- Replacement uPVC door handles to suit 211mm fixing centre multi-point lock handles.
- Security handle set tested to PAS24 and TS007 and meets the Police Preferred Specification - Secure by Design Initiative.
- Burglars can see a visible Secure by Design Badge etched onto the outer handle.
- BSI Kitemark accreditation with 2 star security rating. You only need a 1 star cylinder with this handle on a door for 3 star rating.
- Features of this handle include an Anti snap cylinder guard which is integral to the external backplate.
- An anti-drill disc plate obscures the cylinder and rotates if a drill if used.
- Common mole grip attack are near impossible with this handle.
- Strong and heavy handle set with spring assisted levers.
- Robust 6mm screws along with special steel reinforcement within the outer backplate to stop any jemmying of the handle.
- Screws and spindle supplied will fit door thicknesses between 62 and 70mm and also a composite door at 44mm. Beyond these size ranges you will need to cut down the screws and spindle supplied.
- Meets corrosion resistance to BSEN1906: Grade 4.
- How to measure upvc door handles
- How to replace upvc door handles
More Details about the DS163 Mila Prosecure Security uPVC Door Handles
This handle set will only fit certain locks on uPVC doors so take care to examine the diagram for the positions of the screws, keyhole and levers. Most notably the size between the screw centres must be 211mm (some would say 210mm), the lever to lock size is 92mm. If you currently have a standard handle then when you receive this set of upvc door handles the first thing you will notice is how chunky and heavy the outer backplate is. This is a really well designed handle set with the primary focus of keeping burglars at bay. To fit this handle you will have to open up the two clearance holes through the upvc door to the sizes on the diagram. This is easily done as it is uPVC. The screws are slightly thicker than the conventional ones but will pass through the door and lockcase easily enough if not with a slight transition. With the correct spindle length and screws chosen from the pack supplied you can have this handle fitted in minutes.
More about the specification of the DS163 Security Door Handle
Mila have successfully achieved the security test standard which was independently tested at Exova and meets PAS 024:2016 and TS007:2014 and A1:2015. This handle also meets the Police Preferred Specification - Secured By Design.
If someone is going to gain entry through your door they are very likely to attack the cylinder lock and the handle area. With standard upvc door handles it is very easy to remove the backplate from the door in a matter of seconds with a bit of brute force. This is usually done using mole grips or similar handy tools. Once the handle is off the door then the cylinder is exposed to attack and it's no surprise to know that any standard cylinder without anti-snap technology will be broken down in seconds in many cases.
This security upvc door handle is designed to resist the following:
Mole grip attacks - a chamfered edge around the backplate which means mole grips can't get any 'bite' or grip.
Drilling attacks - the cylinder is hidden behind a rotatable disc that will spin as soon as you start drilling. Sufficient hardened casing ensures this is next to impossible to drill.
Lock snapping attacks - an integrated cylinder guard encases the front of the cylinder so no need to use anti snap locks. They simply can't get to the cylinder. This security upvc door handle has a 2 star Kitemark accreditation from BSI which means it is tested against lock snapping. You can achive the full 3 star security by using a 1 star euro cylinder and this would be good advice to change the lock at the same time as the handle. The one star euro lock means it cannot be 'bumped' and this further enhances the security of your door.
Jemmy attacks - special steel reinforcement is designed into the outer backplate to resist lever and jemmy type attacks.
Coronavirus: Orders are currently being dispatched on time but couriers may take longer to get to you due to issues surrounding Coronavirus. Delivery times quoted cannot be guaranteed.
The following special offers are available to you when you buy the DS163 Mila Prosecure Security Handle. The discount for the special offer will show in the cart if both the DS163 Mila Prosecure Security Handle and the special offer product are added.