- These upvc door handles are typically found on conservatory double doors where one side has no key-hole.
uPVC French Door Handles
uPVC French Door Handles without key-holes! These handles are found in various configurations on french doors or conservatory double doors. The slave door may have a lock on one side or no locks at all and this range gives you the options to replace the handles accordingly. If you have conservatory doors you will need the locking upvc door handles too! If you are trying to find a handle for a sliding exterior door then you will need to review our patio door handle range.
Types of uPVC French Door Handles
Upvc type french doors are made up of a main door and a slave door. The slave door is only used when both doors are required to be open so will usually remain closed and locked. It can be locked with a euro lock and/or a flush bolt lock fixed to the side of the door which locks up into the head of the frame. This lock is concealed from view when the door is closed. The main locking door is usually a standard type of lever handle with a keyhole both sides of the door (lever lever upvc door handles). Both doors will most likely have a multi-point lock around the perimeter of each door which will work with the handle operation (if a handle exists on the slave door). The slave door usually has an extra frame section on the side of the door which allows the main door to close and lock. This frame section can be easily removed if you need to get at the euro cylinder on the slave half of the double door.
The following french door handle configurations are known for the slave door:
- Lever and lock both sides.
- Lever on both sides - no locks either side.
- Lever & lock on the inside, lever and no lock on the outside.
- Lever & lock on the inside, no lever or lock on the outside (blind backplate).
As many door manufacturers have made security a priority over the years you are likely to see a backplate only on the outside of the slave door side without a lever or lock. This makes it harder to find the older configurations of upvc french door handles, as listed above, and if this is the case with your door then your best option is to contact a local double glazing repairs company to see how this can be tackled.
- D72 - Brugge French Door - 68PZ-217£30.66 Exc Vat £36.79 Inc VatOut of stock Bulk Discount Avaliable
- P26 Patlock French Door Security Lock£40.62 Exc Vat £48.74 Inc Vat
- D80 - Atlanta Backplate - 92PZ-122Price From: £8.55 Exc Vat £10.26 Inc Vat
- D79 - Atlanta Backplate - 92PZ-215Price From: £9.98 Exc Vat £11.98 Inc Vat