It is the aim of everyone at HandleStore Ltd to ensure that customers experience total satisfaction and piece of mind and in so doing our staff will always aim to be prompt, courteous and helpful. Should you have a complaint or any question, please email us at email@example.com
Please take a moment to read our terms and conditions carefully, as they will form the buyer and seller contract we enter into with you.Your statutory rights will not be affected or compromised in any way.
1. General Conditions
2. Returns, refunds and replacements
3. Goods that are not required or incorrectly ordered
4. Goods that have been damaged during delivery
5. Faulty Goods
6. Special Order Goods
7. Stock Issues
10. Price and Payment
11. Liability/Third Party Claims
12. Information on our website
13. Product Guarantees
14. Privacy & Cookies
16. Email Policy
1. General Conditions
1. In placing an order through this website you are agreeing to be over 18 years of age and are making an offer to purchase subject to these terms and conditions.
2. A binding contract is achieved once we have dispatched an order confirmation by email to you and/or you receive an online order acknowledgement detailing the order. Each order will be deemed a separate contract.
3. Orders placed through this website by consumers (not trade or businesses)are protected by The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (as amended) and the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002. This gives the consumer the right to cancel the contract within seven working days from the day after delivery of the goods. You may cancel the contract in writing by e-mail , fax or letter (please see our Contact page) and you must keep evidence that you have done so. You must return the goods to us in line with the terms stated under the main sections 2 & 3 of this notice, that includes you paying to send the goods back to us and retaining proof of delivery. You are entitled to a refund within 30 days of the notice of cancellation.
4. If we fail to enforce one or more of our terms and conditions, we do not lose our right to enforce any of those remaining.
5. The laws of England will govern any contract between us and any disputes will be resolved exclusively within the courts of Birmingham, England.
6. Orders can only be taken through our website for delivery to UK and Northern Ireland. Orders to EC countries may be taken at the discretion of the company (Handlestore) but special conditions apply - please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org for details of special terms and conditions that apply in this instance. Products must not be exported into countries outside the European Union by a customer acting as an agent/intermediary for a third party.
2. Returns, refunds and replacements
1. Any goods delivered should be fully inspected upon arrival to ensure their condition, type and quantity and you should inform us immediately of any shortage. Damage to outer packaging and cartons should be reported to the carrier at the time of receipt.
2. To inform us of any goods that are faulty, damaged or not required please contact us using the email address: email@example.com or write to Handlestore Ltd, 18 Empire Industrial Park, Aldridge, Walsall, WS9 8UQ. All returning goods must be issued with a returns number and reach us within 28 days of the date of sale (inclusive of the date of sale). Please ensure goods are signed for at the returns delivery address as this will act as your proof of delivery. Proof of postage from a post office will not be accepted should the items be lost and you will then need to claim from Royal Mail in that instance.
3. Goods that are not required or incorrectly ordered
You do not need to give us a reason if the goods are not required but please ensure that you inform us of your wishes by email, letter or fax to request a returns number and then ensure goods returned reach us within 28 days of the date of sale (inclusive of the date of sale) - does not apply to orders from businesses over £1000 net value. The following must apply in both instances:
· The original product packaging must be unopened and the products unused.
· The issued returns number must be clearly marked on the outer packaging.
· Goods should be returned and reach us within 28 days of the date of sale (inclusive of the date of sale). A signed for service should be used as proof the goods have been returned.
· Costs of return carriage are payable by the customer and goods can be returned through any Royal Mail Post Office.
· An on-line refund will be made against your order transaction to cover the charge made for goods, but not including any carriage costs unless notice to cancel the contract is received within the 7 days from receipt of goods (applies to consumer sales only). If part of the order is returned and the remaining value of the order takes the order below £75 net a carriage charge will be deducted from the refund of the goods returned commensurate with the charges shown on this site for carriage.
· Orders sent initially with free of charge delivery will receive a refund less the postal charge applicable at the time of order unless notice to cancel the contract is received within the 7 days from receipt of goods (applies to consumer sales only). If part of the order is returned and the remaining value of the order takes the order below £75 net a carriage charge will be deducted from the refund of the goods returned commensurate with the charges shown on this site for carriage. In instances where the customer refuses a parcel at the time of delivery or cancels the order once despatched and during transit, the charge made by the carrier to return the parcel will be deducted from the customers refund. Details available on request.
· Orders paid for by cheque will receive a refund less an administration charge of £2.00.
· Incorrectly ordered goods requiring replacement must be re-ordered through the website where ever possible or by contacting Customer Services to make a payment by telephone.
· Orders returned from businesses over the value of £75 net will be charged a re-stock fee of 10% of the order value or 20% if the order value is over £200 net. We regret that orders from businesses over £1000 net cannot be returned for any reason in part or full unless agreed by senior management (this would take the form of a credit note at the discretion of senior management).
· We regret that special order items i.e. keyed alike door locks cannot be returned for a refund or exchange as these are made bespoke to order. This applies to extra keys cut for either standard off-the-shelf cylinders or keyed-alike.
. Special offer goods that are offered at a reduced rate when purchasing other designated products will be charged at the normal rate if not returned with the correct item.
. Part orders returned where discounts have been applied to quantity sales will be refunded at the appropriate rate commensurate with the quantity retained by the customer. This also includes delivery charges where the order was free of delivery charges initially.
. Special postal/carrier services chosen by the customer i.e. Saturday delivery, Eire delivery etc cannot be refunded.
4. Goods that have been damaged during delivery
All goods are individually packed and checked for surface imperfections and damage prior to despatch. If you wish to claim a refund or replacement please ensure that you inform us by email or letter within 7 days of receipt of goods with details of the damaged package. The following applies:
·If you choose to be refunded and a delivery charge was made for your order, this will also be refunded
· If you choose to replace the product we will send you a return label to cover the cost of postage, and goods should be returned using the original packaging through a Royal Mail Post Office.
· If the packaging is damaged and not useable for returning goods we will send new packaging upon your instruction.
· Goods should be returned to reach us within 28 days of the date of sale (inclusive of the date of sale).
· If the goods are not found to be damaged the terms for 'Goods that are not required' will apply.
· Replacement goods will be sent upon receipt of your initial instruction and subject to delivery times in force.
5. Faulty goods
You must inform us within 7 days of receiving the goods, by email or letter, if you wish to claim a refund or replacement. The above procedures for refunds or replacement will apply.
To make a claim under guarantee, outside the initial 28 day period, please follow the instructions given under 'Guarantee' below.
6. Special Order Goods/Special Delivery
Goods and services that are classed as special order are non-returnable. The following products apply as Special Order Goods and Services:
Special Order Goods
1. Keyed-alike door cylinder sets are specially made to the customers size and colour requirements.
2. Extra keys cut for cylinder and thumbturn door locks whether keyed alike or off-the-shelf size locks.
Special Order Services
Carriage services that are classed as special order are part non-refundable (less the difference from UK standard rates published under Delivery). The following services apply:
1. Saturday Pre-12:00 Delivery.
2. Saturday am/pm Delivery.
3. ROI Delivery.
3. UK Next Working Day
4. UK Next Working Day Pre 10:00am
5. UK Next Working Day Pre 12:00am
7. Stock Issues
If you do not receive the correct goods or quantity ordered due to errors on our part, we will arrange for the correct order to be delivered to you, usually within ten working days, as stocks permit. The following applies:
· You must notify us within 7 days of receipt, by email or letter, if an order is incorrect or incomplete.
· You must also ensure that any goods supplied in error or in excess of your order are returned in a re-saleable condition and in their original packaging. We will supply a pre-paid return label upon your initial instruction to return such goods.
· We reserve the right to charge you for any goods delivered in error in instances where appropriate guidelines have not been followed.
· Goods are sold subject to availability. If we do not supply the goods for any reason we will not charge you for these goods or a full refund will be made to you.
· We will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses that you may suffer if we do not supply goods.
· If goods are not in stock they will be placed on a back-order and a new delivery date will be informed in due course. You may at this stage remove any such items from your order at your discretion.
· You will have the right to cancel any backorder that has not yet been supplied, up until 4pm on the day prior to any despatch. We will refund any payment that has already been made for those goods and any delivery charges applicable, on the day of cancellation.
· There will be no additional charge for delivery of backorders.
· If your products are in stock they will generally be despatched the same working day by DPD Next Working Day Courier Service (Royal Mail First Class Recorded Service for areas outside of the usual UK mainland destinations - see below**) provided the order is received before 3:00pm (Mon-Fri), otherwise we expect to deliver within 10 days. Special orders may be extended in some cases and you will be notified if this is the case. The stock status of your goods will be confirmed by the online order aknowledgement after payment has been made.
If your order has not been dispatched within the ten-day period, and we have not confirmed an exact dispatch date in this time, we will contact you again by email at this time to update the delivery position.
· Delivery is within the UK and Northern Ireland. If you are located outside of the UK and Northern Ireland we are unable to deliver. ** Royal Mail First Class Recorded Service will be used for the following destinations: Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of White, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands and all other offshore Islands.
· We cannot be held responsible for failure to deliver the next working day during peak seasonal trading periods, periods of industrial action, natural disasters or in areas of extreme weather or other outside influences that may affect delivery.
· The following carriage rates apply(subject to change):
Orders under a value of £10 (£11.75 incl. VAT) excl VAT & delivery - £3.95 excl VAT (£4.64 incl. VAT)
Orders under a value of £75 (£88.13 incl. VAT) excl VAT & delivery - £5.95 excl VAT (£6.99 incl. VAT)
Orders over £75 (£88.13 incl. VAT) excl. VAT & delivery - free of charge
· It is not usually possible for us to arrange delivery on a Sunday or bank holiday.
· If a delivery is likely to be delayed outside of the normal 28 days we will email you to arrange a convenient delivery date.
. It is the responsibility of the person placing the order to ensure that the order can be received. If DPD or Royal Mail are unable to leave the parcel safely a card is left giving details of how to arrange re-delivery (dependent on local delivery service) or where to collect the parcel from locally. In the case of DPD you have 3 days to re-arrange a delivery from receipt of a card before the order is returned to Handlestore. Handlestore's responsibility for delivery ends once the first delivery attempt is made.
. The customer takes full responsibility for loss or otherwise of any delivery made where the customer stipulates special shipping instructions for delivery in their order.
. If a delivery is returned to us for what ever reason a charge will apply for the carriage to return the package (this also applies where the customer refuses delivery or cancels the contract after despatch) and to re-send the parcel back to its destination. The charge applied will depend on the carriage charge in force at that time.
. In the rare event that the parcel does not turn up DPD/Royal Mail will classify the parcel as lost (this does not include attempted deliveries that have not been collected or re-arranged deliveries or deliveries where a signature has been obtained at the destination address). We will then instigate a claim against DPD/Royal Mail and in the case of Royal Mail they will write to you and ask that you sign to state the order/items have not been received. Upon Royal Mail receiving the signed document back from you we will re-send items to you. Royal Mail may also extend the period of 15 working days for lost parcels in the case of strike action by their employees and in this eventuality the time taken to adminster claims will similarly be extended. If you require the missing items in the meantime you will need to place a further order for the items and upon receipt of the signed declaration from Royal Mail we will refund that replacement order for the same items and any postage that may be applied. If the signed declaration is not received or Royal Mail reject the claim for lost goods we will not refund or re-send such items.
Ownership of goods transfers to you once we receive payment in full for the goods along with any associated delivery charges. You will become responsible for the goods at the time of the first attempted delivery.
10. Prices and Payment
The price you pay for the goods is that which prevails at the time you confirm your order. The following applies:
· We reserve the right to change prices, without prior notice, to reflect any alterations made by our suppliers, changes in taxation or the addition of duties.
· If prices shown on the web have been misrepresented or are incorrect in any way you will be informed of the correct price and given the right to amend or cancel your order. If we have already delivered the goods then you have the right to return the goods and receive a full refund of the price along with any delivery charges.
· Prices shown are exclusive of value added tax (VAT) unless otherwise stated. The applicable VAT rate at the time will be added to all items in your order.
· Payment is required at the time of ordering in UK pound sterling.
. Special offers represented on the site cannot be used as part of any other offer or coupon discount.
. Special offer discounts are applied to prices net of P&P and VAT.
. Bulk discounts applied to handed handles are per hand.
11. Liability/Third Party Claims
Handlestore shall not be liable, in contract, tort or otherwise, for any representations, advice or assistance given (under this contract or otherwise, and whether before or after the date of the contract) by or on behalf of Handlestore Ltd in connection with the goods or the contract.
The customer shall indemnify Handlestore Ltd against any liability incurred by Handlestore Ltd in relation to any third party claims arising from the use made of or dealings by the customer in the goods (irrespective of whether they involve the negligence of Handlestore Ltd, its agents or employees).
Save as expressly provided herein and without prejudice to any other limitation of Handlestore’s liability (whether effective or not), the full extent of Handlestore’s liability shall be as provided in the foregoing points:
· Handlestore’s total aggregate liability in connection with the goods or the contract (in contract, tort or otherwise and whether or not related to any negligence or other act, default or omission of Handlestore Ltd or its employees or agents) is limited to the invoice price for the goods, ex-works and ex-VAT.
· In no circumstances whatsoever shall Handlestore Ltd be liable (in contract, tort or otherwise and whether or not related to any negligence or other act, default or omission of Handlestore Ltd or its employees or agents) for any indirect or consequential losses (including loss of goodwill, business or anticipated savings), loss of profits or use, or any third party claims, in connection with the goods or the contract.
· Where the customer suffers loss attributable to a component part of the goods which was manufactured by a third party, Handlestore Ltd shall endeavour to pass onto the customer any warranty it obtained in respect of the same.
Save as expressly provided herein, Handlestore Ltd will have no further or other liability in respect of any direct or consequential loss or damage sustained by the customer, arising from or in connection with any defect, failure or error in the goods and all other warranties, obligations, representations, liabilities, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) in connection with the goods (including, without limitation, any relating to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, conformity with description or sample, care and skill or compliance with representations, but excluding implied statutory warranties relating to title) are hereby expressly excluded.
Nothing in these terms shall exclude or restrict any liability that Handlestore Ltd may have by virtue of any updated Consumer Protection Act or Distance Selling regulations that may apply.
12. Information on our Web Site
In the event that our web site may contain inaccuracies or errors we will not accept any liability for such incorrect information or its representation and neither shall any element of the site prove conditional or construed under a warranty representation. We reserve the right to change or update information without any prior notice.
Any goods purchased that are unsuitable, based on incorrect information published on our website, can be returned and a full refund given subject to goods being returned in a re-saleable condition in its original packaging.
Customer Review star ratings are based on the current rating as determined by Google Checkout, an independent and affiliated third party.
13. Product Guarantees
Where a manufacturer supplies a guarantee specific to the product you have purchased, we will contact the manufacturer directly in the event of product failure. Guarantees shall not apply to any part which has been incorrectly fitted, adjusted or operated, or any part which has been subjected to operating forces or any climatic conditions such as coastal or high pollutant areas beyond the normal recommended levels as supplied and tested by the manufacturer. Surface finishes are not guaranteed unless provided by the manufacturer in the form of resistance coatings such as PVD and these are shown where applicable.
Goods must be returned to us for evaluation of any mechanical defect and this may involve the manufacturer at our discretion to determine the cause of the problem. Goods that have been subject to excessive wear and tear or accidental damage will not meet the terms of any guarantee. In most other cases we will replace goods that are faulty due to mechanical defects within six months of delivery, however replacement will be entirely at our discretion. In the case of failing door locks we reserve the right to have an independent assessment carried out to ascertain the cause of such problems. If it is found that the cylinder is not at fault we cannot replace or refund the item/s and a call out charge may apply for 3rd party costs (charge amount to be agreed by the customer). Customers must inform Handlestore Ltd straight away and in any case within 24 hours that such problems exist and no attempt must be made to destroy the product in any form without written authorisation from Handlestore Ltd. Products made from brass are not guaranteed against tarnishing unless coated with PVD and no finish guarantee exists for chrome plated or other finishes on products unless stipulated by the manufacturer otherwise. This does not in any way affect your statutory rights. Mechanical guarantees offered on window hinges, uPVC door handles and uPVC letterboxes are the subject of 10 year mechanical guarantees for products purchased from 1st December 2011 and are subject to the terms and conditions provided by the manufacturer and are subject to change without notice. Such mechanical guarantees apply to Paddock Welseal letterboxes, Securistyle Defender window hinges, Hoppe uPVC door handles. Millenco Magnum cylinders that have become Yale Magnum locks are the subject of 10 year mechanical guarantees from the manufacturer Yale from the 23rd october 2012. Lifetime mechanical manufacturer guarantee exists on Millenco Magnum locks only prior to this date.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are committed to the lawful use and protection of information you supply to us. Information you supply will be provided during registering, ordering or when communicating enquiries. If you have any questions or wish to learn more about privacy please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
We pledge that:
Your information will be securely held and used only by ourselves in the following ways:
1. To assist the process of ordering by reviewing any historical information supplied
2. To advise you of special offers or new products or services that may be of interest. You may request us to unsubscribe from this use by emailing email@example.com.
3. To generate a general understanding of customers' habits and patterns when purchasing for our own purposes.
You may request to see what information is held about you at any time and ask for removal or corrections as appropriate. Any information we hold about you will be accurate and up to date.
By using our online payment system from SagePay or Google Checkout we will never see any personal transaction details.
We will never attempt to obtain any improper or sensitive information about you.
Should we be required to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will contact you to seek such authorisation.
The functionality of this site requires the use of 2 cookies to maintain the items you wish to purchase in your basket so that your session does not time out. We also have 4 cookies in place for Google Analytics and this does not give any sensitive data about you only general data about how customers use the site. From this we believe we can improve the use of the site for the customer.
Handlestore Ltd registers all of its work on a regular basis to ensure all images, logos, layouts and text are protected. Our work is registered with the UK Copyright Service registration number: 259461 and is protected by UK and International Copyright Law. It is our policy to use the law to its fullest extent in instances where permission has not been sought to reproduce any of our copyrighted material shown on this website or through third parties or other mediums.
16. Email Policy
By entering our site you agree that all email communication by us to you is provided in good faith and we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Further our opinions expressed in emails or any attachment may not necessarily represent the views of Handlestore Ltd and email comments and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright information. You must not present our email message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use our emails or the information contained in them for any purpose other than to notify us. If you receive any messages in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete our email from your system. We do not guarantee that our material is free from viruses or any other defects although due care has been taken to minimise the risk.